I was looking for a healthier option for pizza and came across gluten-free recipes all over Pinterest. This sweet potato crust pizza is gluten-free, delicious and so nutritious. This Pizza is fully loaded with veggies which are a great source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Without any further adieu, here is the recipe!
| Serves 2 |
- 1 large or 2 medium sweet potatoes (enough to yield 1 cup of mashed sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup All purpose Gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon Herbes de Provence seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup of dairy free pizza sauce
- 1/2 of one large Chopped Red Onion
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
- A Handfull of Kale
- A Hand Full of Sweet Corn
- 1/2 Cup of Red and Orange Bell Peppers
- Dairy Free cheese of your choice (I love provolone slices by company Follow Your Heart as they are soy free, non-GMO and truly delicious. Found at my local Publix)
- Fresh Cilantro leaves for a little bit of garnish and a pinch of Black pepper to taste
- Avocados to serve (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF degrees, and set a large pot of water to boil.
- Peel and cut your sweet potatoes into quarters. Add potatoes to boiling water, turn down to simmer, and boil them for about 20 minutes or until a knife easily pierces through.
- Drain potatoes from the water, and mash well in a large bowl.
- Add one cup of your sweet potato mash, almond flour, baking soda, Herbes de Provence seasoning, and salt to a large bowl. Mix the dough well with your hands until the mixture resembles a ball of orange pizza dough.
- Line a baking sheet or pizza pan with parchment paper, and press out the dough to a large circle. The dough should be about a 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges of the dough are slightly browned.
- Remove your pizza from the oven, add the sauce, vegan cheese, and desired toppings, and bake for 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Slice up, and enjoy with some fresh cilantro, black peppers, and avocados!
Hope you guys enjoy this recipe and give it a try. Always tweak it to your liking and let me know your favorite Pizza recipe!