Today I want to share with you how I make my own Organic Preservative-free Nut Milk. I used to buy Almond Breeze at my local food store for years but after reading more about preservatives and their effects on our body, I decided to make my own Nut Milk every week. Preservatives and additives are placed to keep food fresh longer however they can remove the nutrients found in the food and can exacerbate allergies. That is why I choose to make my own fresh batch of Almond milk every week as it is simple, alkaline and nutrient rich. Almonds are high in vitamins E, Manganese, Biotin, Copper, and B2. I also love the fact that I can control the number and quality ingredients that go into my body. This recipe is easy and has a light nutty taste which is perfect for cereal, smoothies, baking, and drinking. Once you try it, you will be making your own milk every week. Let’s get started!
Here is the Healthy Plant-based Nut milk recipe:
| Serves 2 people |
- 1 1/2 cups of Raw Organic Almond (Soaked)
- 4 cups Pure Filtered Water
- High Powered Blender (I use a Ninja)
- Nut Bag (I bought mine on Amazon)
- Glass milk Jar container (to store your milk in about a liter)
- In a large Bowl, add nuts and enough water to cover the nuts. Cover and let soak overnight or 6-8 hours at room temperate.
- Rinse the nuts and place them in your blender with 4 cups of water
- Blend until milky Smooth
- Place your nut Bag in a large bowl and strain your nut milk. Squeeze and twist the nut bag as much possible to extract all the milk.
- Transfer your milk to the glass milk jar and store in the back of the fridge for up to 4 days.
*TIPS: If you want a more concentrated nutty flavor, add less water when blending. Also, you can choose to sweeten your milk with dates, agave, or vanilla.
Hope you enjoy this recipe and give it a try. If you have tried it, please let me know the results. Was yours creamy?