If you are looking for a healthy savory breakfast recipe look no further. If you like grits you will love this recipe. It is a favorite of mine and Ralph. I used to eat it for breakfast when I was younger with fish but I made a few changes and added my own vegan twist to this recipe and it’s delicious. This dish is as simple as it can be and just as tasty. With a puree like a texture and garlicky zest, This is a must try the recipe!
| Serves 2 people |
- 3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3 cups Pure Filtered Water
- Small minced white onion
- 3 large garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1/4 cup of spinach
- 1/4 of cup of parsley
- 1/2 of one large Red pepper
- 1 Tbs of olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Hass avocado or 1/2 of one large avocado to serve
- Heat saucepan or pot over high heat. Add oil.
- Stir in the garlic and minced onions until they are translucent.
- Rinse the cornmeal and add to the saucepan.
- Add water, salt, pepper, and stir
- Cover the pot and reduce heat to medium-high and let come to a boil.
- Stir in the spinach and parsley and leave uncovered. let it cook for 20-25 mins.
- In a separate pan, add oil, finely chopped red peppers and salt and pepper to taste.
- let pepper cook for about 10 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove from heat. Serve with slices of avocado.