Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
At my sister’s house in Jacksonville now, soaking up the cool fresh air and calmness that comes with leaving Miami for a few days. Just had Thanksgiving Dinner which included my Mushroom Loaf and Roasted Sweet Potato Chunks. It was my first time making this recipe and it was really delicious.
Vegan Mushroom Loaf Recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped Mushroom (I used Common White Mushrooms)
- 1/2 cup Chopped Red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup of celery chopped
- 1 cup of onions chopped
- 1 Tbs of olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs of thyme, oregano, chili powder
- 2 tbs of cumin powder
- 1/2 cup of ground cashews
- 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- A bit of sriracha sauce optional
Sauce: This is optional as I did not have BBQ sauce. I basically mixed tomato paste, agave, paprika, and steak sauce.
- Heat saucepan on medium high, add olive oil then chopped onion, celery, mushrooms, Bell peppers, and garlic
- Add spices Chili, oregano, thyme, cumin, salt and pepper, sriracha sauce and cook until mushrooms have shrunk
- Place in a large bowl then add cashews and all-purpose flour. Mix well then transfer to baking pan.
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F. Add the BBQ sauce right out the oven.
Roasted Sweet Potato recipes:
- 3 regular size sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of parsley leaves
- 1 tbs of onion powder
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes
- In a bowl mix, oil, potatoes, and spices then place on baking sheet
- bake in the oven at 400 degrees for 30 minutes
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I`ll share a few things I am thankful for.
- My incredibly loving and supportive spouse Ralph
- My Amazing family and friends which have my back just as I have theirs
- My body which is my only home giving me breath, sight, and so much more… extremely grateful
- This Amazing planet EARTH
- Thankful for the little things that make a Big difference in life
What are you Thankful for? Share with me and comment down below!